Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmastime is Here!

It is finally time for Christmas music all day long, looking at lights all around, and drinking hot chocolate on a cold night. I love Christmas!! The first thing my roommates and I did after we got back from Thanksgiving break was decorate our apartment. We have lights all around, a cute little 3 foot tree in the corner, three different nativity's, and stockings covering all the walls and our window!! We have even figured out how to have a fireplace! We hook up a computer to the TV and play a video of a fire burning! I think that is my favorite part. It reminds me of home when my mom and I have our nightly hot chocolate in front of the fire.


Another one of my favorite parts of christmas is going to Temple Square. My family goes for a weekend every year to see the lights and then go to Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday. Last weekend I had the chance to go with someone else special in my life! Greg and I went to the First Presidency Devotional and then looked at lights. It was freezing cold, but I enjoyed every moment. It is always nice to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. There are so many other ideas of Christmas in the world, I think I get lost in the presents and shopping. Walking around temple square always reminds me that I need to be focusing on my savior and the miracle of his birth.

I love Christmas time! It brings such a great spirit. It is the one time of year when everyone can agree it is a special time. I am excited to spend time with my family and spread the Christmas cheer to everyone I come in contact with!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment