Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

This Christmas season has been a very fun one. I have enjoyed being around my family and spending time in my hometown of Panguitch. This year especially was fun because Greg came down to Panguitch for a couple days before going home to Denver. He got to experience small town life at its greatest (at least I think so). I gave him the 5 minute tour of the town, yes I think it literally took 5 minutes! When I was in Denver I definitely could not see everything in that short of a time (although I did enjoy what I was able to see!)
Since starting the break I have been able to go ice skating, have an amazing christmas eve and christmas, and enjoy some delicious homemade food!

The whole gang at the Ice Skating rink at Ruby's Inn


Christmas Eve:
My favorite part was when we acted out the nativity scene. It is always fun to take part in the story. It was fun to have Greg with our family, and he made a very good donkey and King Herod! My other favorite part is when we drink our magic hot chocolate. It is a special chocolate that we have to make us tired so we can fall asleep faster. For some reason it always makes us all extremely sleepy so we are definitely ready for bed so Santa can come! All of the kids slept in the same room this year which was a lot of fun! As we were all getting ready for bed we heard Santa's sleigh bells, so we hurried and cuddled up with our blankets and went straight to sleep. Cameron was so excited that he immediately wanted to be asleep.

Drinking our magic hot chocolate

The lovely actors and actresses!

Christmas:
I love Christmas. The excitement and happiness that is around amazes me. It is the one time of year when most of the world is united in celebrating a marvelous event.
Christmas morning we all woke up and could not wait to see what Santa brought us! Cameron especially was trying to hurry everyone downstairs! We enjoyed opening presents and lounging around. This year was extremely special because we got to go to church and enjoy a great Christmas program that helped remind us what this time of year is really about! I am so grateful that my Savior was born so that I have the chance to remember him always and try my best to be like him!
Eating our once a year Christmas Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment