Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How much effort?

The past couple of days I have been thinking about school and how much effort I put into my education. I have been thinking about this because of the devotional talk that Professor James Brau gave on campus this week. He talked a lot about getting the most that you possibly can out of your school work. As I have been thinking, I have come to the realization that yes I do enjoy my school work most of the time. I have classes that pertain to what I want to do with the rest of my life, which makes homework a little bit more bearable. On the other hand, I do not think I am taking everything I possibly could from my assignments and class. There is so much I can learn if I just put out the effort to try. I want to be able to learn all that I possibly can while I am here. I never thought that I took advantage of the fact that I am a BYU student, but today it all clicked. I really am very lucky to be here. I am sure that there are plenty of other people who did not get accepted who are harder workers than me. So I have made a goal. I am going to try my hardest to get the most out of my eduction that I can. I want to make my time here worth it and not just fly through school only doing the bare minimum it takes to graduate. I want to put forth the most effort I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment