Saturday, March 26, 2011

No Boys Allowed...

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go up to Salt Lake with my amazing mother and sisters. We have been planning a girls weekend for a long time and it finally happened. It was really nice to get away from Provo and just spend the weekend with my favorite people ever! We started off the weekend in just the right way! We went to the Salt Lake Temple and did baptisms. I think we all really love that temple. It is so pretty.

After the temple we went straight over to The Melting Pot where we ordered some amazing fondues. We had a lot of fun trying all the different things to dip in the sauces. I think though that all four of us can agree that our favorite part of dinner was the people sitting at the table next to us. It was this lady and her two little girls who had to have been probably 7 and 5. They had a fondue where they cooked meat in a broth and then had sauces to dip it in. The thing was, they had lobster tail on their plate, which is something that not very many people have the privilege of eating a lot. Anyway these little girls were tossing it around like it was just normal food for them. Then out of no where the mom says in a very valley girl accent "No offense girls but I would much rather be in Vegas with Brittany Spears right now". What kind of mother says that? We were all amazed....and could not stop saying it the rest of the night.

After dinner we ran to the store to buy junk food (Girls night would not be complete without junk food) and then checked into our hotel room. We spent the rest of the night in the hot tub/pool and relaxing.

Saturday morning came much sooner than I expected. We got up and packed and headed back down to Provo. We met up with my Aunt Camille, Grandma, and Aubry's friend Jua for lunch at La Jolla Grove. Afterwards we headed to BYU campus to watch the Jane Austen play Persuasion. It was one of my favorite plays that I have ever seen. It kept you hooked the entire time.

All in all, it was an amazing weekend. I loved spending time with my sisters and mom! I cant wait for the next Girls Weekend!

Waiting for Persuasion to start

All of us after lunch at La Jolla Grove

Our delicious chocolate turtle fondue from The Melting Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment