Tuesday, March 15, 2011

They're HOME!!!

(Kirby, Me, and Aaron at Kirby's luncheon)

This past weekend I had the opportunity to be around some of the most amazing people ever! We were celebrating Elder Kirby Houston's homecoming from the Riverside, California mission! I got to see him for the first time in two years! I loved writing him letters and telling him everything that was going on with me in Provo (and of course I loved getting letters from him). There is just nothing like seeing a person for the first time in two years. I can not even explain how excited I was when I knocked on the Houston families door and knew I was going to see one of the most amazing friends I have ever had.

The best part was all the people that I got to see. (Of course this would be my favorite part because I am a very social person) It was a lot of fun to be around a bunch of old friends that I have not seen in a while. I got to be around some of the best people that I know. It was fun to sit around, talk, and joke with each other just like we use to do in high school. I love being able to pick up with someone right where you left off as if nothing ever came between you. I could not have asked for a better weekend and I cannot wait until I can be around all of them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment