Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Semester, New Beginning

Ok so it is a new year! Can you believe that it is already 2011. I am still having a hard time trying to let it sink in. I keep writing 2010 on everything. I could not have started this new year any better than I did. I spent New Years with my Parkin side of the family. I had most of my cousins there along with my family! It was fun to see all the little kids get so excited to stay up really late. They loved the noise makers we gave them. The only problem was that they didnt want to stop blowing them.

Along with a New Year comes a new semester! I always feel very refreshed at the beginning because it is almost like I have a new and clean slate. I do not have to worry about what has happened in the past, I am totally free to live my life. So far I am enjoying all of my classes, I guess we will see how long that really lasts!

Although it has only been 11 days since the New Year there have already been some bumps in my road, but I just keep telling myself that everything will work out! Today I could not help but think of the song "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne. I just kept thinking that I will make it through the rough times. I know there are many rocks in my path ahead of me, but I will be able to hold on and make it! It helps a lot that I have amazing roommates who always keep me smiling and laughing. As well as just amazing friends in general! I dont know what I would do if I truly was all alone.

So with the attitude that I know I can do it BRING ON 2011! I cant wait to see what you have in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even realize I've been writing 2010 on everything until I read this, haha.

    ReplyDelete